Sign in to follow this  
BK

T7 questions

Hi,Ususally the product is stable now and flys nicely for hours. I noticed a couple of "issues"? or maybe not?1. LOGO lights are not controlled by the LOGO light switch. It will always stay ON unless you press the "L" KB command which will turn off all lights (no good).2. In LNAV when a sharp turn is coming the LNAV will start the turn too early. Comparing this behaviour to other products of teh same scale it certainly does it too early. See screenshot. The airplane starts the turn at least 5NM before the waypoint.3. During two flights (11 hours and 2 hours) I have seen the FMC "going crazy" at least twice. I know this is not a definite term but atleast once the flight plan simply disppeared (Luckily on ground) and I had to reload. Did anybody had similar experiences?I will be happy to see a PSS response on 1 and 2.ThanksBennyk

Guest NormanB

>Hi,>Ususally the product is stable now and flys nicely for hours.>I noticed a couple of "issues"? or maybe not?>1. LOGO lights are not controlled by the LOGO light switch. It>will always stay ON unless you press the "L" KB command which>will turn off all lights (no good).Benny,The logo lights stay on. Based on feedback we decided to save the custom variable for other parts of the 777. A real 777 pilot will flick the switch and understand that the light has gone out. He has no means of checking except to sit out on the wing. We were unable to find any real 777 pilots willing to do this ;)>2. In LNAV when a sharp turn is coming the LNAV will start the>turn too early. Comparing this behaviour to other products of>teh same scale it certainly does it too early. See screenshot.>The airplane starts the turn at least 5NM before the>waypoint.I have also seen the aircraft pre empt the turn but generally only a couple of miles ahead. Feedback has been passed to the developer in that regard albeit in real life I know that such a shortcut is welcomed.>3. During two flights (11 hours and 2 hours) I have seen the>FMC "going crazy" As you mention, "going crazy" isnt really enough for us to work with. Thanks,

NormanAppreciate that someone else said that this was a good idea but, as noted in another place, turning 20 nm before the waypoint thus losing enough track miles so that you end up at the ILS descent point at 8500 ft would not be welcomed in real life!I've reproduced this several times and am now trying to figure out what factors affect the time the fmc initiates a turn.RegardsJohn R

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.