Sign in to follow this  
Guest GVViking

Green Dot

Guest GVViking

I wonder ! Shouldn't there be a green dot on the speedtape, like PSS Airbus ? Or is there anyway else how to see minimum cleanspeed ?I realy dont know if real T7 have it. But I guess they have.Gvviking

"Green Dot Speed" is an Airbus term for minimum clean speed.There is a minimum clean speed for the 777, as all aircraft have, and it is marked on the Speedstrip on the PFD by a small Green green line on the speedstrip with a 0 (zero) by it, on approaching the line in the deceleration, check your below the flap limiting speed, then select flap 1, once flap 1 is set the gree line will move down the strip and a 1 will then be displayed, for flap 1, and it keeps doing that (then 5, 15 etc) down to VF which is your pre-selected Vref 30 speed.Minimum Clean Speed is VREF30 +80ktsCheers

Guest GVViking

>Minimum Clean Speed is VREF30 +80kts>>CheersThats handy to know.I havent seen that green line, I will try look after it next time.Thnx for info.Gvviking

Guest Sjaako

Almost,0 should be UP. Green line with Up next to it is the Min clean speed.Sure that's what you meant.Cheerio Sjaako.

Ta muchly yep UP is the word, I had a mental block this morning, I had Warm and cold fronts and occlusions on my mind, ATPL met is very brain heavy!Cheers

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.