Sign in to follow this  
Guest cbaye

PSS Support for GoFlight

Guest cbaye

First Congratualtions to the PSS team for delivering a superb 757. I'm having a great time finding all the little details that you folks included in the package. For the graphics and systems modeling I coulden't be happier. Now my request. I own a large collection of GoFlight Modules including the MCP-Pro which is modeled on the MCP from the 737-NG series. Many of it's functions can be found on the 757 MCP so it's a good though not perfect analog. If you do a lot of on-line flying like I do; you really fall in love with GoFlight (and similar) hardware because of the ease with which you can respond to instructions and control the aircraft. I have used the keystroke programming functions on the setup screen with some success but find that the MSFS Default programming of the MCP hardware still gets in the way at times. I have a fully regesterd license of FSUIPC so I can program the hardware from that end as well. Even with the programming I am experiencing unpredictable results with some commands and want to improve my experience. Is there any possiblity that you will add naitive GoFlight support in a future version of this or any other PSS product?Thanks,- Chris Baye

i agreei also have lots of GoFlight modules and unfortunately the MCP does not work with PSSit would be nice for PSS team to interact with the GoFlight team and enable interoperabilityeven the ACES team has worked with GoFlight for the upcoming FSXthanksBo

Bo Klop

I have too a MCP Pro but don't work ... It's a nice addition to have that MCP work on the PSS aircrafts ...

Guest NormanB

And nobody ever looked in user edits? ;)

Guest cbaye

>And nobody ever looked in user edits? ;)Thanks for responding.I have made use of the user edit feature but the usefulness it is still limited. The other issue is that GoFlight hardware also has displays that need to be driven. The PSS systems modeling does not loop back out to the regular MSFS registers for some functions so not all displays are driven properly. Look; I understand that PSS cannot be all things to all people. I stand by my original comment. The PSS 757 is a fantastic package. I think it is best suited to the enthusiast that has a 19 inch monitor, a yoke and throttle quadrant. For the home flightdeck builder 757 enthusiast the Project OpenSky is a better alternative if only from the hardware compatibility point of view. Let me put this in business terms. The home flightdeck builder spends a lot of money on add-on hardware and software. To the extent PSS embraces some of the common hardware technology sets, they will receive business from those enthusiasts.GoFlight has just released their EFIS module. When mine arrives I'll see how well that can be integrated with the PSS 757. Best Regards,- Chris

>And nobody ever looked in user edits? ;)I looked in the section "useredit" and I did not find anything for the mcp pro from go-flight. Indeed the mcp-pro is not just an keyboard interface like the other goflight's products , but requires a development has through fsuipc for example for get and post the data.I think that PSS should in the near future look at has to add the support of a true MCP as that of goflight because it is a product which starts has well this to sell and functions right with Level D, Feelthere, and soon on products PMDG. By hoping that my suggestion will hold the attention of the developers of PSS

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.