Sign in to follow this  
ghiom

A question to PSS regarding VC texture loading time

Hi Norman and the PSS team.Thank you again for the aircraft which I flew yesterday night.I have two major problems still:1. T/O procedure (I'll post a seperate topic)2. VC texture loading timeI 100% fly form the VC. For this plane, i can use the low resolution VC because, luckily, I get no quality difference and much more smootness [very good job].My problem is still that when I switch views (S) for more than a few seconds, or when I exit FS9 environment (I run full mode) with ALT+TAB, the VC textures always take a second to reload causing a FS pause/stutter. They are initially white and then get colored progressively. The longer out of the VC, the "longer" it takes.I fly with Active camera.I tried to play the gauge refresh, text smoothing, line AA, DXT3 VC textures, but no significant impact witnessed.The problem was the same with the 777. It does not exist (or very very limited) for other addons.Is this issue know to you or am I the only one?What is your advice and what can be done?Thank you.PS: do you plam to model the possibility for Captain and 1st officer two different HSIs? (ie one with map, the other with APP?)

Am I the only one with the problem?At least, if it were the case, I would know it is coming from my setup (which I doubt).Thank youGhiom

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.