Sign in to follow this  
Guest iandavid

G/A with 757 v1.2

Guest iandavid

Just completed a flight with the new v1.2 and at the point where the thrust setting automatically changes to G/A during approch the throttles go to zero and will not keep speed. If I manually change back to climb on the panel then the throttles pick up and keep speed. Back to G/A and the throttles go back to zero. Each time I have to take it out of G.A and land using climb.One other point is that the VNAV descent profile still brings the plane down in steps, i.e. at each waypoint on the descent the acft is always to low and levels of at each waypoint until the profile bar catches up again.Paul Gardner

Guest Steve_Park

"One other point is that the VNAV descent profile still brings the plane down in steps, i.e. at each waypoint on the descent the acft is always to low and levels of at each waypoint until the profile bar catches up again."I reported this time and time again until my post's were locked and the PSS response was "It's noted and will be fixed".This is noted as fixed in the sticky, and it MAY have been inproved a very small amount, however I too am getting non-realistic descents via the VNAV function. Initial descent's at T/D are in the 4000-5000 fpm range for about 10-20 seconds until it catches up with the descent profile index marker. Then steadies at a reasonable 2500fpm until the next waypoint...same only problem, aircraft levels off, with descent index showing 2000+ feet BELOW profile. When it catches up again, back to 2500fpm....very hard on the PAX. Only workaround is to use manual descent's.Steve Park

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.