Sign in to follow this  
Guest daztheman

Autoland

Guest daztheman

Hi AllWhen coming into land on the ILS and select APR on the autopiolet it will automaticly go into autoland status is there anyway of stoping this as in the real aircraft you have to select all three autopilots yourself to engage an autoland.Please correct me if I'm wrong, thanks in advance.Darren

Hi Darren, With the 757 the autoland feature is automatic, when all the aircraft systems are functional you will get a land 3 message between 1800ft and 1500ft on the approach when the APR mode is armed. This is accurate to the real 757. Cheers Steve

Guest mezekmezek

Please, how then correctly make Missed Approach? Let us say how correctly deactivate Autoland?

Hi There is an area beside the auto throttle button on the PSS model that when you right click should are the auto throttle. It seems there is a fault at the moment and all that happenes is that it take the auto throttle out of speed mode. I will drop Steven a email regarding this. In the real aircraft there is a switch on each the throttle for pilot or FO activation of the GA mode both switches can be seen on the PSS mode but are not functional. Steve

Guest Phoenix5

Steve and I are continuing to investigate this.

Thanks to John Rooum for pointing out my error here. To activate the "Go Around" right click on the EPR button and the approach will be discontinued. I hang my head in shame. The paint fumes from a week of decorating have pickled what was left of my brain, but I do have sufficient brownie points to get airborne again, as long as I don't have to "Go Around"Steve

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.