Sign in to follow this  
Guest MattNW

Race Rant

Guest MattNW

I've been following the race as time permits. I've been reading all three forums to keep up on what is happening and discovered some postings on one of the other forums that is upsetting. Apparently some people are either accidentally or intentionally interfering with the race pilots who are flying online. There are no verified cases of intentional interferance that I can see and I'm just an interested spectator. I'm not accusing anyone from any of the three forums of doing anything but I do want everyone to understand some things.Unintentional interferance: If you are flying online please stay well away from the race pilots. Yes, it's exciting. Yes, it's fun to fly online and see the race from a personal perspective but you can do a lot of harm by getting in the way. Intentional interferance: Need I say anything here? NOBODY WANTS THIS KIND OF HELP!!!! Loosing with integrity is far better than winning by cheating.I know that racers can just turn off aircraft collisions but even with collisions turned off it's a distraction and could cause a team to crash with something other than another aircraft. Also and the most important reason for posting this is that in my opinion the intention to cause harm to a team in this manner is reprehensible in the extreme!