Sign in to follow this  
Guest leon.schuiling

What plane to use

ihave asked this question before, and i must say that the people arround here sugested the p38 and it is a good plane and easy to fly, however i got borred with the internal design a bit and since i will be looking at it for some time during the race i would like a interior that is absolutely good.you see the plane you fly in is part of the fun, so what to take? i was thinking of a hurricane or so, but i would like to check with you that i wont be too slow for the race, perhaps we can establish minimum specs for speed etc?greetingsleonbtw although i am not able to make the practice runs held at avsim forums i am training to be up to standard in the times i can fly so as far as i can see now you might count me in

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hurricane is a bit slow indeed. Try a Mustang or Thunderbolt, or a late model FW190 or Ta52.I love the Shockwave models, but you'll have to start practicing soon because they're a handfull to fly (especially on takeoff and landing).

>ihave asked this question before, and i must say that the>people arround here sugested the p38 and it is a good plane>and easy to fly, however i got borred with the internal>design a bit and since i will be looking at it for some time>during the race i would like a interior that is absolutely >good.>to each their own of course, sorry you got bored with the interior of my P-38... I rather like it ;) - dcc

Perhaps a nice set of floral curtains next time Dave please?

>Perhaps a nice set of floral curtains next time Dave please?or a shrubbery? :DSeriously, if you're looking for freeware, I might suggest the Howard 500 - nice plane for the race, great VC and all. - dcc

these are hard times for people who design and build shrubberies. :-rotor

>these are hard times for people who design and build>shrubberies. :-rotorThe peeps who make curtains are also not having a real good time. :D

i have flown your p-38 for about a dozen hours or so and i am absolutely delighted...in just a short time she has become my absolute favourite! she is good-natured, doesn't overspeed easily and is really forgiving. and that panel...well, heck it's a panel with all you need! looking long enough on any panel will get boring within due time...unless -of course- you have one of bill lyons' panels with them girlie pictures...;-) but then: to not get bored even of that you'd have to be in love with them :-violin