Sign in to follow this  
Guest JohnMueller

Duenna realtime tracking and statistics

I have recieved a few questions and just wanted to clairify some of the things with regards to the real-time tracking in the Duenna. The Duenna can track two things:1) The current position in real time: this is mainly eye-candy and fun to watch - on a map or in 3D in Google Earth. For this you will need an account: send me a mail at jm @ johannesmueller.com to get one. I'm making them as fast as I can. It is activated once you select "send realtime position to server", you can have it activated whenever you want, it would be great to at least have the baton runs live (but again: it's optional and all eye-candy, no function).2) The flown legs: this really helps us keep track of the teams position and is used for the statistics, etc. Once you have completed a baton run (or crashed with the baton, for the non-Flightsim-pilots :D, just kidding!!), you will see the baton-URL below the graphic. Just click on "Send" to have it sent to the server. Both baton runs and crashed baton runs should be sent. You need to specify your team in the settings dialog and can specify your name or callsign, if you want. If you have a tracker account, it will validate based on your password (for additional security). Flown legs can also be sent afterwards, the same URL is in the text log. They can also be sent by other team-mates. Of course the judges can also manually enter / edit legs, if the need should arise. The background information is here: http://johannesmueller.com/fsforum/viewtopic.php?t=205 (in the public part).To sum it up:A) Please use the leg tracker: choose the team + enter your name + post the leg afterwards. :( If you want, sign up for a live tracking account. C) Sign up through email jm @ johannesmueller.com - as your questions there as well or on the forum at http://johannesmueller.com/fsforum/viewtopic.php?t=205 .And above all: have a great race, everyone!! Cheers,John

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

John,This will be a wonderful tool: Not only for the wild-eyed desperados in the left seat, but perhaps more crucial for those, chained to their desks in offices around the world, sneakng a peek at the event.Best,Mike