Sign in to follow this  
MM

AVSIM Team Procedures

AVSIM Team ProceduresBelow are a set of "Team Procedures" which we have used in the past. We may need to make some adjustments to fit new rules and conditions. But the ideas and procedures here have plenty of merit.Allocating flights.In the past, the team has typically tried to coordinate flights so that everyone can fly and enjoy the experience. Normally, there will be one or two veterans present to handle the "ATC" chores. We have generally gone by the priority that those who have flown least often, and least recently, get the first crack at the baton. We also try to encourage pilots to consult with each other. (Sometimes due to time zones or other commitments, a pilot might ask to "jump the queue" when other pilots can easily wait a while. Sometimes this works out, sometimes not.)In particular, the wingman slot has a special place for new pilots

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Fantastic Post Mike . These points are invaluable to all Team members and not just the Rookies . Most Important areas have been covered . Just One tip from me : Make sure you reassign critical key functions (if currently set to a single key function ) to a multi key press .For example : landing gear default G reassign to Shift G or ctrl G . This avoids accidental deployment of these functions during the leg . Critical keys I have reassigned are ;Landing gear GEngine control EPause PSlew YSimulation rate RThese are the big 5 potential leg killers . I speak from experience :(If I have missed any other critical keys please advise :)

Great addition, Bry.Help stamp out death by typing!

All the keys that just use letters are not good because of the chat box, but maybe it shouldnt be a problem.Good idea here.Windryder