Sign in to follow this  
Guest cloudtops

taxiway signs,terminal gates and other static scenery.

i have downloaded the afcad program thinking that it would actually add physical taxiway signs and terminal gates to my fs,which wasn't the case as you probably know.I would like to know whrer to get the static scenery that i am looking for.are there files for kbwi,kdca and chicago o'hare that i can download that include signs and other stuff that make it look more real?Ans does afcad only add parking and gate positions?what does it really do?by the way,i am new to this. Thanx

Guest cloudtops

>And does afcad only add parking and gate >positions?what does it really do? AFCAD, as I understand it and have used it, allows you to edit the way your AI traffic behaves and governs the tracks that ATC will give both AI and you as you approach your destination. It defines/redefines the communications frequencies, runways, taxiways, tower locations, hold short limits, and parking spaces used by AI - and in some cases, you. AFCAD also has the ability to affect the information shown on the GPS and map displays. As you found, it neither alters the physical appearance of your sim nor changes the navigational information upon which your aircraft's instruments act.wsieffert pointed the way to a good scenery file for Reagan National, and there are many other quality freeware scenery files as well. Once you have installed those scenery files, though, you may find that your AI traffic are parked in odd, unrealistic ways. You will want to install or make a new AFCAD file to accompany newly installed scenery so your AI parks at the gates instead of thirty feet away from them - or in some cases, into them. It is usual for an AFCAD file (or few) to show up within a day or two on the same site from which you downloaded the scenery file.There is also a program called EasyNavs that is used to alter or add navigational data read by and acted upon by your aircraft's instruments. It's worth getting into if you want to shoot the RWY 36 ILS at KDCA, as I found that the default ILS put me high and coming in from the left. EasyNavs changes the hard nav info, but not the map and GPS data. By the way, you'll want to change AFCAD to reflect your EasyNavs changes.Hope that doesn't muddy things up more.Sincerely,Kevin