Sign in to follow this  
Guest captlink

Fatal Error! Disable VoxATC!

Guest captlink

This has gotten me perplexed. It's the trial version. After all the installation and voice training...this happens. It says, "2.6 Initializing...", then gives me, "Fatal Error! Disable VoxATC!" Despite my pride, I hope this is user error. An easy fix would be great. Wanna use this program bad.

Do you have one of the demo flight situations loaded before enabling VoxATC? If you are having this difficulty with one of the demo flights try creating a flight between KMCI and KOMA with any of the FS default aircraft, save the flight and re-open under that saved name. If you are still getting the same message upon attempting to enable VoxATC contact support through their website www.voxatc.com and explain the problem.Zane

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

Private Pilot ASEL since 1986 IFR 2010

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

Guest RsZ

Hi,i got the same problem and belive me, ive tried almost everything with no success.I wish you luck anyway cos i really want to fix it too:)Im not planing to make a fresh install of FS btw.

Guest RsZ

OK,i got fresh OS and FS and still the same error!For God sake,whats causing this?Help!:)

RsZ, you are in contact with support at VoxATC I hope. They should be able to get it figured out for you. I hope you get to enjoy it soon.Zane

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

Just out of curiousity... which version of FSUIPC do you have installed? The current version is 3.45, not sure if this might cause the problem you are having but worth a look.Zane

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

Guest RsZ

HiI've just get an answere from VoxAtc technical support.They said that's an internal error in VoxAtx and version 2.61 will fix it.It's true,now everything works great!:)Anyway,these computer voices are horrible and this is the main problem of it.After a 2h of use im really not enjoying it so much,maybe in the future with a better voice engine.

Guest captlink

VoxATC Tech Support was very helpful and narrowed it down to my FSUIPC.DLL file. My FS9 Module folder didn't contain such a file. I downloaded and installed it, and now I'm up and flying with full ATC support. Not sure why they have Bonzi Buddy running the tower, but if the FAA thinks he's certified...guess I'll trust their judgment. Thanks for the help.James

Guest harvey crosby

I'm getting the same thing, with the newly-registered version (paid my

If there are no additional changes other than registering the program try running the VoxATC indexer again, then reboot the computer. First try one of the demo flights and if that does work close VoxATC and create a flight with flightplan, save it, and open that saved flight and re-activate VoxATC and see if that works. Try to see if it is a particular aircraft or airport that is causing the error. I haven't run into problems with Fatal Error's on my setup but I did have difficulty with certain airports with earlier versions of VoxATC, those have all been fixed, so if you find one let them know.Zane

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

Guest harvey crosby

Thanks - Paul Carter is now on the case too. I've narrowed the problem to one particular airport - the plans I was building used, either as departure or destination, KSMX, Santa Maria Public Airport/Capt G Allan Hancock Field (Ca.) Other plans I created worked OK, but put KSMX at one end and "fatal error". So it's over to the VoxATC people to figure out why.

Guest harvey crosby

Turns out it was a bug. They refunded my registration fee on account of the hassle I'd had - which I thought was a very handsome gesture - and sent me a new .dll with a fix next day, which was impressive. I don't know what the bug was or whether it was specific to that airport. Some thoughts ...One problem was getting clearance to leave the place - I had to repeat it about a dozen times before it was recognised, despite running the flight plan through the Flight Trainer then rebooting and starting again. But I can now use that airport - although the computer's pronunciation of the name is a bit literal: "Pub. Capt." Hancock ;-) Anyway it works - but requires the full name before it will recognise anything you're saying. Tower answers to "Santa Maria Tower" but I was going blue in the face talking to them - last aircraft say again? - until I realised the program wanted to know I was off "Santa Maria Public Captain Hancock" and "landing Santa Maria Public Captain Hancock". Once I'd twigged, it was straightforward, but this is not realistic. This (and I suspect the clearance issue might have been the same issue) seem illustrations of what others have commented on, that VoxATC seems to demand exactly the text on the prompter - which is tough if you're not using it!At one point, vectors for landing at Fresno (KFAT) included: turn right to 305, followed by turn right to 345, then turn right to 305. I hesitated, then asked Approach to repeat the instruction. It did, verbatim. I paused, then said, meaningfully, "turn LEFT heading 305", whereupon it repeated "turn left heading 305". Is that a bug or a built-in bit of "human fallibility"?! Either way it made me smile. Another scenario I've found flying VFR is this: approaching destination, ask centre (center) for frequency change to contact approach. "Frequency change approved, squawk 1200." This is followed by a flurry of other traffic. Eventually you get to read back "1200, ". But then no prompts. I've had this twice in two flights. If you just ignore it and carry on, all is fine, but - the prompter stays stuck on that readback, and when you retune it prompts you to tune back to the centre frequency. But for all its quirks, it's a great piece of software.

Hi Harvey,I would recommend that you get into the Santa Maria Airport's AFCAD file with AFCAD 2 and open the airport properties from the file menu. In there you will find the airport name listed as "Santa Maria Pub/Capt Hancock." Change that line to read "Santa Maria", then re-run the VoxATC indexer. I hope this will solve that problem. The vectoring in for landing is a set sequence of turns which does look at your aircraft heading so even if you have repeated the turn to heading dialogue it will repeat if the aircraft is not headed that way. I would like at least the an option menu that would allow you to get vectors closer in or even better something automatic that looks at aircraft speeds and adjusts accordingly. You can ask for a full ILS or one of the other approaches in to Fresno to escape the vectoring problems you are having. I am looking forward to the next update to see what improvements they've been able to accomplish.Have fun flying,Zane

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

Guest havoc69

I too have seen some silly instances where it would say "Turn Left heading 190" and then I would repeat it, very calm and clearly, and it would say "Cessna five one delta, turn left heading 190". I would get stuck in a loop. My heading was 190.