Sign in to follow this  
STUART_H

CPU hung at 100%

I was trying the demo version again at the weekend, with a created flightplan between Mineapolis and Kansas. However, after tuning to ATIS as requested, then tuning to Clearence, I clicked my joystick button assigned to the mic and read my clearence request....no response....clicked again to repeat (oh.oh..no click sound) and nothing, then beep..beep..beep continuous sound coming from speakers and nothing on the screen seemed to respond. Pressed Ctrl-Alt-Del to bring up Task Manager and the CPU was running at 100% having suddenly jumped from virtually nothing.. Had to quit from the sim, as even disabling VOXAtc did not stop it. I have never experienced this problem with normal simming (not using VOXATC).I have been toying with purchasing VOXATC, but until now have not managed to have a successful flight using the demo version! I am beginning to loose patience with it, but would be keen to purchase and use it if it ran smoothly and did not effect the simming experience (fps etc.)Any thoughts as to what could cause the 100% CPU loop?My hardware:Athlon 2.4 processor, ASUS Delux motherboard, 512 DDR RAM, 128 MB FX5900XT graphics, Creative Soundcard + onboard sound for Headphone/Mic.Regards,Stuart Hyett

flyuk_sig.php?id=UKV3373

Guest havoc69

Stuart,I'm positive you'll get the issues sorted out really soon. VoxATC support is really great and they are fast at responding. I recommend you use their email contact form on their website and send them an email. Just curious, did you train your voices through the control panel > speech and then in the VoxATC trainer?

Eric,I had previously trained my voice through the Control Panel speech dialogue and the VOXATC trainer. Only difference was that this time I had created my own flight plan between 2 of the demo airports, rather than using the default flightplans provided, but I didn't run through the VOX Trainer before trying the flight, as I assumed that the intitial training was enough. Surely one doesnt have to go through the trainer for every flight?Regards,Stuart Hyett

flyuk_sig.php?id=UKV3373

Guest havoc69

Stuart,No, you shouldn't have to. However, if your voice should change, for example, if you have a cold or something, it wouldn't hurt to run through it. I've traine dmine once and not since.