Sign in to follow this  
Guest Hominuk

Can't install on VISTA 64bit

Guest Hominuk

Hi there. Just wondering if VOXATC is VISTA 64bit compatible.Everytime I try to install, the process crashes with the following report.Any suggestions would be appreciated.I've also download the news version of VOXATC.Thanks.Chris-------------------See the end of this message for details on invoking just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.************** Exception Text **************System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at com.intworkings.voxatc.FSUIPCInt.GetFSFolderName() at VoxATCIndexer.VoxATCIndexer.GetFsPath() at VoxATCIndexer.VoxATCIndexer.VoxATCIndexer_Activated(Object sender, EventArgs e) at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnActivated(EventArgs e) at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmActivate(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)************** Loaded Assemblies **************mscorlib Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.312 (rtmLHS.050727-3100) CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll----------------------------------------VoxATCIndexer Assembly Version: 1.0.2624.18115 Win32 Version: 1.0.2624.18115 CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Internal%20Workings/VoxATC%20X/VoxATCIndexer.exe----------------------------------------System.Windows.Forms Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.312 (rtmLHS.050727-3100) CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll----------------------------------------System Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.312 (rtmLHS.050727-3100) CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll----------------------------------------System.Drawing Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.312 (rtmLHS.050727-3100) CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll----------------------------------------BGLAFD3 Assembly Version: 1.0.2624.18107 Win32 Version: 1.0.2624.18107 CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Internal%20Workings/VoxATC%20X/BGLAFD3.DLL----------------------------------------VoxATC Assembly Version: 1.0.2624.18111 Win32 Version: 1.0.2624.18111 CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Internal%20Workings/VoxATC%20X/VoxATC.DLL----------------------------------------************** JIT Debugging **************To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for thisapplication or computer (machine.config) must have thejitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.The application must also be compiled with debuggingenabled.For example:When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exceptionwill be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computerrather than be handled by this dialog box.

I have the same problem within the Dutch version of Vista Ultimate 64Tegwyn from Voxatc is working on it for a week now but without any result at the moment.Sad story but I am glad I'm not alone...Keep you posted...

Guest froemmelm

Same problem here, any solutions yet?best,matthias

Guest sox

Hi Matthias:I have pasted a reply I received from Tegwyn regarding this problem. I haven't had a chance to initiate the action yet. Hopefully it works for you. Note the Readme..it's important.Sox.You can download a version of VoxATC X for Vista 64 from www.voxatc.net/FSX/VoxATCInstall64.zipUninstall the current version of VoxATC X and read the readme file in the zip before installing. Unfortunately the AT&T voices of the VoxATC DVD will not run under Vista 64.

Guest froemmelm

Hi,thanks, the installation worked fine but now I have a different problem. I'm using the German version of Vista Home Premium which only comes with German speech recognition - I'd need Business or Ultimate in order to install addiotnal languages. Too sad, seems that I will have to fly without VoxATC from now on...thanks anyway,Matthias

>I have pasted a reply I received from Tegwyn regarding this>problem.Hi all,If it helps anyone, I was having the same problem trying to installon Vista 64. I downloaded the 64-bit installer as detailed in the post from sox above, and it worked.Thanks to all.