Sign in to follow this  
Guest froemmelm

Different approach after missed?

Guest froemmelm

Hello,I've been using the demo for about one week now and I must say, that I'm really impressed.There is only one thing that I don't really get. After declaring a missed approach I'm vectored for the same approach to the same runway. I understand I can select the type of approach and runway on initial contact with approach but not after I've gone missed, right? For training purposes (five of six different approaches) or if you did not meet the minima for your selected approach it'd be great if you could request another approach for your second run. Is that possible? ThanksMatthias

Hi Matthias,The ability to pre-select an alternate landing airport has been a subject Tegwyn and I have talked often about and while it is a desired feature it is not yet possible within the constrains of the program. Here are some options that you can try. First, upon declaring a missed approach you can fly the procedure, when you are five miles away from the airport you can turn off VoxATC and then restart it which will prompt you first to center then handoff to approach for your landing assignment... at this point you can select a different approach into the same airport you were landing at. A little more time consuming procedure could be to exit VoxATC, pause the sim, go into MSFS's flight planner and make a new flight plan, possibly your original departure airport or from the original arrival airport but now make the destination airport your alternate destination airport and save the flight plan without moving the aircraft to the new departure position. Now save the flight at your current location climbing out on the missed approach (possibly at your first fix) and then load that new saved flight and enable VoxATC which will pick you up as enroute and proceed to bring you to your new destination. Understand this second procedure will work OK with default aircraft and some add-on aircraft but there are some add-on aircraft that it will not be possible to use this procedure for because of loading a new flight... do make sure you save this flight in 2d panel mode.

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

Private Pilot ASEL since 1986 IFR 2010

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888