Sign in to follow this  
Guest machammer

ATC Replies Through Headset And FSX Sounds Thru Speakers

Guest machammer

I see that others have made the same request in this forum. But I couldn't find any clear reply. One person referenced another post where some were trying to make it work. But, I couldn't find that post. Confused as to why I purchased a headset if ATC sound can not come through the ear piece.These are newbe questions as I just purchased a combo package with VOXATC and new headset.Thanks in advance to all who reply.Regards.Bill

This requires two sound cards or one sound card and a USB headset.In the windows control panel click on the Sound and Audio Device icon.Click on the Audio tab and select your speaker sound device. Then click on the Speech tab and select your headset sound device. Next click on the control panel Speech icon. Set the audio input to your headset sound device. Click on Configure Microphone and set up your mic gain. Then click on Text to Speech tab and select your headset sound device. Click on the preview voice button to verify you can hear the voice. Exit control panel and launch FSX. Under settings select the sound tab and deselect voice tab to avoid hearing the FSX ATC. You should now be able to hear the VoxATC controllers in your headset with all other sounds on your speakers. Good luck. Bruce

Guest machammer

Bruce,Thanks for taking the time to reply with detailed setup information. The headset I just purchased is not usb. Do you know if there is a converter plug that is available to convert it to usb? Thanks Again.Regards.Bill

There are a number of them, just be sure the adapter has a mic input. Google Generic 280B, Hamilton USB2000, and Koss Dongle.