Sign in to follow this  
JayBirdski

PSS_Insert trouble

Hey Terry, I like your new home, nice and roomy right now. Anyway I've tried and died trying to use your pss_insert program to update the sid/star's on my buses and had some troubles with interpreting the included documentation. Could you please expound on the usage of this program a bit more? I'm at work right now so I don't have access to it so can't give you exact errors and such. Jay EklundCAT V Second Officer KDENhttp://online.vatsimindicators.net/812321/764.png

Jay EKlund

UVA/GCVA Pile-it

Guest stang

>Hey Terry, I like your new home, nice and roomy right now.Hi Jay. Me too. Congrats on being 1st poster. I will need a little more info before I can help because if you have the old version the operation of the program is very different from my newest version. I recently put out Version 1.1 which is a bunch more automatic. If you do not have V1.1 I recommend you get it from here or my site, read the "Read This.txt" file and give it a try. Then you can hit me again if you are still having problems.If you are already using V1.1 then what is it that is confusing about that "Read This.txt" file?RegardsTerry

Sorry for the delay, been squawkbox3'n it around for the last few days. Anyhoo, it was indeed v1.0 that I had. Will grab 1.1 and give it another go. I think some of the confusion I was experiencing was from what directory to run it from, the source or the destination? Actually neither worked for me at the time. Luckily I have a pretty recent all in one that is for the most part current so this is by no means urgent and I'm spending most of my time in a new 67 right now anyway. Jay EklundCAT V Second Officer KDENhttp://online.vatsimindicators.net/812321/764.png

Jay EKlund

UVA/GCVA Pile-it

Ok Terry, A piece of information jumped out at me this time which could explain a lot about the issues I was having. I have the "All in one" from approximately last december I believe but I thought I read a line that said if you're using the AIO, pss_insert will not/cannot update that. Is that really the case?Thanks,Jay EklundCAT V Second Officer KDENhttp://online.vatsimindicators.net/812321/764.png

Jay EKlund

UVA/GCVA Pile-it

Guest stang

Hi Jay. Using the first updating method of the three I outline in the "Read This.txt" file is where I said not to use the AIO file. The AIO is composed of the old Aug 02 Prabal database plus all of the airports/procedures that have been uploaded to navdata.at. Since the 1st updating method has you using that Aug 02 file as the base file to import in to it does not make sense to import it again on top of itself. And because the AIO file also includes those user uploaded procedures you also run the risk of changing or overwriting some of those.RegardsTerry