Sign in to follow this  
744pilot

ZSPD procedures.

Hi Terry,Here is a file which I created for the ZSPD airport (Shanghai Pudong)But I have a problem with creating some fixes which do not have LATLON on the charts or COLOCATED with a VOR or something like that.I give you the two charts that are required to create those two waypoints.Do not look at the syntax errors, if you spot some. I still have to correct them myself.Just look at the FIXES who are still blanc of LATLON/COLOCATED.Then just look into the approaches and y'll see.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/143501.zipthe charts you need are ZSPD-5A and ZSPD-5D and are found over here:http://wallentins.com/IVAO/CHARTS/China/CHINA.zip

Guest stang

Hi RamonSeems to me there are several ways to tackle this. I'll use your IZZ8.3 for the examples. Other IZZ fixes and IDD fixes would use the same principles.FIX D8.3 IZZ1. Since the D8.3 IZZ means the waypoint is 8.3 miles from IZZ it can be defined as FIX IZZ83 COLOCATED NAVAID IZZ 347 8.3, however, I just checked and IZZ does not show up at ZSPD in my flight planner. So, it could be also be defined as FIX IZZ83 COLOCATED FIX IZZ 347 8.3 after you define IZZ as a Lat/Long FIX in the FIXES section. 2. You could just use it as a command, TRK 167 UNTIL 8.3 FROM FIX IZZDoes this help any?RegardsTerry

Thanks allot Terry.But one more thing. If you use TRK 167 UNTIL 8.3 FROM FIX IZZ you can't enter an altitude.

Guest stang

Howdy RamonYou are correct, good catch. Sorry, I completely ignored the restraint on that particular waypoint. For it you will need to create the lat/long defined FIX for IZZ and then a COLOCATED FIX from IZZ. In your case once you've defined FIX IZZ you may as well just use the COLOCATED FIX method for the rest of the DX.X IZZ fixes also.What I didn't mention before was another option that is more work and perhaps less accurate but, an option never-the-less. Use a graphical flight planner and plot the waypoint in question. Then use the lat/long you find to create a lat/long defined FIX. This method can be used for those very hard to define waypoints.Keep up the good work.RegardsTerry

Terry,My procedures are complete and perfectly aligned with FS and PMDG.Thanks for your good help. :)