Sign in to follow this  
jc_150

ILS differences EFIV

Hi all in the forumJust bought a new product from PMDG and made my first flight. I flew EGLL-EFIV all went well until it came to capturing the ILS at runway 22. I used the ILS procedure from the management computer (0513 and all in one sid/star) to auto tune the radio to the correct frequency. The procedure tuned to 109.9/219 and the plane went staight through the ILS withought any capture. I looked on fsnav and it told me the ILS was 110.3/219 so I manually tuned the radio to that frequency and the plane locked onto the ILS and followed the glideslope. After my flight i searched the net for charts and found a free set at http://www.ilmailulaitos.fi/ais/aipcharts/efiv.htm and the charts confirm that the correct LLZ is 109.9 exactly as the procedure says it should be. So how does one deal with fs9 (or fsnav) to respond to the correct LLZ frequency?thanks for any replies in advance.John CallejaBAW352

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi JohnJust a couple of things. From your description I believe that it is not a procedures problem. Note though that the current cycle is 0603. You can get the current procedures at http://planepath.com/html/pmdg.html and please read the pinned topic above about how to update the PMDG aircraft.Next, You will probably get a better reply about your question by asking it in the PMDG forum where there are experts about the aircraft systems plus if you've found a bug you will be talking with the people that can do something about it.RegardsTerry

Hi Terry,Thank you for such a speedy reply. I decided to update to the latest of your versions as recommended, and i totally cleared out all previous text files from the PMDG folder. After I installed your files as the only source I noticed that EFIV was not in the file, so the procedure that I originally mentioned in the post was not one of yours.So now i have no procedure for EFIV I can simply manually enter the frequency from fsnav and be none the wiser, and know that it will work.regardsJohn Calleja