Sign in to follow this  
RPRIEVER

LAX--MITTS2 arrival Star

Greetings all,The following is an e-mail I sent to Terry re problems with the MITTS2 Star (KLAX). I didnt know about this forum until after I sent the letter, but I'm posting it here now in case it might be of use to anyone.Ron----------------------------------------------------------------------Greetings, I first wanted to take a moment and thank you for the work you have done in making my flying experience so enjoyable and realistic. Couldn't have done it without you. However, I also wanted to alert you to a possible problem in the latest LAX/MITTS2 procedure. The 25L approach seems to be missing a few waypoints (BREMR/ARNES/SUZZI). Also, in the FMC, after choosing the 25L arrival, the only choices for transitions are POM and FUELR. This may be the result of the missing waypoints. I'm not sure if the other approaches are correct as I only tried that one runway. I would try to edit it myself, but I don't trust my abilities and might mess everything up, so I'll leave that up to you (to fix, not mess up, lol). FYI, I'm referring to file 0605 (11May06 to 10Jun06), which I believe is the latest. I use the PMDG 737's. I appreciate your help in this matter. ----------------------------------------------------------------------And here is his response: (thanks for answering so quickly!!)Hi RonThanks for taking the time to report your problem.The PMDG FMCs have a limitation which is that STARs can not have runway transitions. Because of this the waypoints you mentioned, which are part of a runway transition, simply can not be included in the MITTS2. Hope this explains the situation.RegardsTerry YinglingPlanePath http://PlanePath.comPlanePath@sw.rr.com

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

As a follow up, I just flew KLAS-KLAX. After I selected the 25L approach, I had to insert the BREMR/ARNES/SUZZI waypoints. Luckily, the FMC recognized them all. I had to go back after entering them all in order to add the altitude restrictions. A bit more work, but the approach went as planned after everything was entered. Ron