Sign in to follow this  
wsieffert

MSFS Real World modem connection problems

Hi simmers,maybe someone can help. I use FS2002Pro, have plenty of horses but last couple times I tried to modem in real weather conditions on the "Real Weather" default dial-up I get a message that says "Cannot find file!" and that is the end of it. I make my own weather and forget about the real world download!It always worked great until recently. I use another computer for flight simming 100%, with no other programs running ever other than Norton Anti virus. The only new software I have added recently was the new Hawaii meshe by FSGenesis. Up to that addon it worked fine. I don't think it is the addon since I have added many other FS Genesis meshes and not had a single problem. Somehow a "file" for the modem WX is missing but I don't know where to look to start to solve the problem. I don't want to have to reinstall everything if i can help it.Can anyone help me to identify the modem files and where they are located so that I can see if a file is missing which I would compare to the original CD once I know where to look! Please write to me direct at "jking3@mindspring.com" if you have any ideas, and thanks in advance.

Rename your fs2002.cfg file to fs2002.cfg.OLD. Restart fs2002 to the create a flight menu, select the weather, try to download, and see if it fixes your problem. If so, you can make the necessary changes to your new fs2002.cfg file or try to troubleshoot the old file by comparing entries.