Sign in to follow this  
Guest Rob

Trouble with multiplayer!

Hi,I'm recently having some problems with multiplayer. I've got two computers linked together, so I tried to set up a multiplayer game.After I had done this, my plane kept crashing into the ground, like it got stuck in the ground or something... I've already reinstalled the game, but that doesn't work. Is this a common bug..?If you know more about this, please respond...Dutchman9

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Did you get fs2002 to work on each computer independently? If not, you may have not have had all the updated drivers for your computers installed. Also you may want to update your DirectX to version 9.0 on both computers.Once you can run fs2002 on each computer independently, then try setting up a multiplayer session. Depending on the interface you are using, IPX/SPX or TCP/IP, will determine what is needed to access the other computer. You can test this modes using DirectX Diagnostic. Press Start, Run, type dxdiag, let the directx diagnostic stabilize, test each function on the different tab pages, finally select the Network tab and select Test DirectPlay.If you set up a multiplayer and have both aircraft start at the same location, you may experience a crash condition. One way to avoid this is to move one aircraft away from the starting point and then start the second one.

What sort of network connection have you setup? If using the positively archaic parallel networking, bandwidth could be a problem here. Parallel networking allows for about 8Kbps of data to be passed along.A simple 10/100 network card and crossover cable allows for up to 100Mbps of data transfer between PC's.