Sign in to follow this  

Multiplayer connection problems

I have been playing multiplayer FS2002 for a while now with my brother. We have a Linksys router to share the internet and are playing over our internal LAN. It worked great until yesterday.Starting last night when we go into multiplayer I can see the server my brother created and am able to join it, but it never shows me on his computer. I also don't see him in the chat windows either. It is like I am not there. It is the same if I host and he joins as well.The only change that was made to my computer was that I uninstalled Zone Alarm yesterday. I don't think that should me a difference though as it was turned off for a long time. I tried reinstalling it today, but it still isn't working.Has anyone else had this problem before?Thanks,Chris

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Try reinstalling the version of directx that you are using or update to the latest version directx 9.0.Before you do that, select start, run, type dxdiag, and let it stabilize. Check all the different tabs and test your system while you are in the directx diagnostic. When you get to the Network tab, test the directplay. You brother should be on his computer doing the same thing. One of you will be the host and the other the joiner. You should be able to type in messages. If you have directx 9.0, you can also attach a microphone and test directplay voice options.

Reinstalling Directx 9 fixed the problem. I am not sure if it was with my computer of my brothers, but I reinstalled it on both and everything is back to normal now.Thanks for the help,Chris