Sign in to follow this  
Guest Nick Bartolotta

INS Question

Hey folks,Wondering if someone would be willing to explain the details on how to plug in a route for the Aerosim L1011 (Classic Liners Vol. 2). I have downloaded this utility: http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID...util&DLID=73750But I don't know really what to do after I run it...and where to look on the INS to select this route.Regards!-Nick Bartolotta

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Nick,I don't have the manual with me, but I might still be of some help.First build a flight plan and export it to FS9 using a flight planning program like FSBuild. Or you can build one yourself the long way by using waypoints converted to decimal degrees, divide the minutes and seconds by 60 and replace the minutes and seconds with the number you get.Now the flight plan converter will convert that to a .txt file and I believe it defaults to the flight simulator folder in My Documents and exports to the folder called routes found in your gauge folder under AS_CL2.In the routes folder there is a .txt file named AS_RTE.txt that folder is were you will identify the flight plan you just converter, and it will be in the same format as all the others in there. You could also back up that file, ie org_AS_RTE and make a new one with your flight plans starting with 000.Now read the manual under loading the INS and you should see the flight plan you just created available to you.You can also use NavData to edit flight plans as all the routes and waypoints are already in decimal degrees. If I had my AeroSim L1011 manual I could be of more help, but this should get you pointed in the right direction. Now bring up the INS/FMS click on NAV and then L5, line select key Left 5, and then Execute, select your flight plan from the list and then Waypoint list should have all of the waypoints in your fight plan. Once airborne go direct to your first waypoint or which ever waypoint you like and then engage the INS and select Nav on the Autopilot panel.Also remember its VERY important to follow their format exactly to the letter.Hope this helps?Ed

Thanks soooo much Ed, I'm gonna give that a shot :D