Sign in to follow this  
wsieffert

GeForce4 440 Water Effects Solved!!

Many many thanks to all the talented computer buffs out there...my water effects are now back!The graphic card I had recently installed (WinFast A170 DDR T Geforce4 MX440-SE) was not supported or recognised by FS2002 and the reflections on the ocean was not enabled plus I had the BSOD on frequent occasions.I downloaded the fix gf4mxdsp.zip but this did not solve the problem...but came close. It was a replacement FS2002 Display Cfg. which had the lines for the GeForce3/4 and the nearest to my card was;NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 440[000010DE:00000171]Alas it did not work.Then I was pointed to the right direction by a reply on flightsim.com forum by W. Sieffert as follows:"Select Start, Programs, Accessories, System Tools, System Information. Let it stabilize. On the left panel, click Components, Display. On the right panel (if using Win98/ME, you may need to click on Advanced Information), look for the Registry Key: or PNP Device ID:, read the numbers, such as, PNP Device ID PCIVEN_10DE&DEV_0281&SUBSYS_89431462&REV_A14&618BA55&0&0008 and translate the numbers for the display.cfg file. In this case: [000010DE:00000281] from the VEN_10DE&DEV_0281 numbers above.Make three new lines in the display.cfg file as shown below:;GeForce 4 Ti4800SE - note the semicolon so this line is ignored.[000010DE:00000281] //replace with your numbers, if needed.DriverValidate2=1That should do it!!W. Sieffert I duly followed the instructions and found that the last three digits for my card was 173 so changed the setting in the new Display cfg. and Bingo!Thank you all once again now I can fly my sim as intended. I hope this info will help many others.RegardsBrian (Bridon Bear) Dorset UK.