Sign in to follow this  
wsieffert

FS2002 Crash/Error

Dear all,I need help with some issues that might relate to hardware problems. My FS2002 seemed to crash more often for the last few days. I used several flightplans created by MRAI and used FSPainter planes for most of my AI planes. I have AthlonXP 2600, MSI K333 Ultra ARU mobo, 512 Mb DDR2700 CL2.5, MSI GF4 Ti4600. When I flew with an aircraft, FS2002 often crash (i.e. the computer screen goes totaly black with little bit horizontal line on top of the screen, or the frame just freezes) when I changed the view (e.g. from Cockpit to Spot View). Some said that this probably related to inadequate power supply. However, I have 350Watt power supply. Can anybody give me suggestions to help me solve this problem?In addition, once I experienced an error window with the following detail: "AppName: fs2002.exe AppVer: 8.0.0.10919 ModName: fisualfx.dllModVer: 8.0.0.10919 Offset: 00044a95". Can anybody explain what this mean and how I can prevent this error again inthe future?Thank's in advance for the assistance.japangg

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

It sounds to me that you are having problems with graphics. What graphics drivers are you using; did you upgrade from previous drivers? If so, what procedures did you use to uninstall the previous drivers prior to installing the new drivers?I recommend you visit http://www.guru3d.com/ , download and read the procedures for uninstalling/installing graphics drivers. Download the proper graphics drivers for your operating system, recommend 40.72 or 41.09.I recommend you also update the drivers for your controller chips, i.e., VIA, Intel, SiS, AMD, ALi.I recommend after you are updated to the drivers you want to use, test using directx diagnostic. Press Start, Run, type dxdiag, OK. Let the directx diagnostic stabilize, then look at each tab, use the tests provided to make sure your systems are working with directx.Lastly, another area to check is heat related. Most modern BIOS have temperature sensing. Run your computer, then open BIOS to this page and record the temperatures. If they are over 55deg C, then you may need to solve why they are getting hot.

Hi,Thanks for the reply. I still use 38.12 (if I'm not mistaken) as I understood that 40.72 is more suited for WinXP (I still use Win98SE). With regard to the other driver, I have already upgraded my BIOS although I still have to update the VIA 4in1 driver.I will check the diagnostic and will also check the tempratures.Regards,japangg

I have a dual boot computer with Win98SE/WinXP and use 40.72 on both sides. Visit http://www.guru3d.com/ and download the proper procedures for uninstalling and reinstalling drivers for Win98/ME. I still recommend you upgrade to either 40.72 or 41.09.Lastly, you will want to download and install gf4mxdsp.zip from www.flightsim.com or http://projectai.flight1.net/ Unofficial, Utilities. Open the updated display.cfg file, find your card and remove the ";" semicolons from the two lines below your card's name.