Sign in to follow this  
Guest jonasbeaver

Lyon review

I prefer airports with no static aircraft... by now if you can't run flightsim9 with good AI packages and still get good fps its time for a new computer. Static aircraft are just in the way of my AI traffic and I can't stand airport released which make it difficult to remove.I applaud those developers who are leaving being crap static models or fps eating static from their airports.cheers!btw... I won't be buying this airport anyway, but not because of the review.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi, glad you enjoyed the review.I accept your point, which is being reiterated across the forum. However, as I've stated on another like-minded thread and indeed the review, if I pay for an addon, I expect not to have to add freeware elements in order to bring it upto the required standard. I expect a great deal many flight simmers would agree with this very basic principle regarding payware, which only ever gets seemingly more expensive.Regards,Gavin HendrieAVSIM Staff Reviewer

I was struck by this as well. I think that static aircraft became obsolete once AI was introduced, except for a few circumstances. However the developer should at least do some work on AI, even if it is just plenty of parking spaces and some information on where to source AI for those who are just starting out. Many of us take it for granted that our airports are busy, but not everyone has customised AI and real-world flightplans.I wonder whether this particular airport was just missing parking spaces?-RobinGodzone Virtual Flight, for 'Real New Zealand' sceneryhttp://www.windowlight.co.nz