Sign in to follow this  
Guest jshyluk

The Treasure Chest

Guest jshyluk

Thank you, Trevor Clark, for continuing the legacy of "The Bear's Cave" with the new "Treasure Chest"! I hope you get a lot of positive response for this new effort. Steve Cartwright's freeware reviews were legendary, and were definitely an inspiration for me to try out as a product reviewer for AVSIM. I think your new Treasure Chest column is a joy to read, and it's wonderful to see how exciting Flight Simulator can be on a shoestring budget. Hopefully, the Treasure Chest will give other AVSIM readers who want to write about sim aviation the incentive to try out as a reviewer as well. At the very least, I hope readers will frequently send in links to items that can be featured in your reviews. I would like to suggest a word or two on AISmooth by Michael Sagner. It's a popular freeware add-on for FSX, but maybe there are those who have never heard of it. I depend on it to erase AI traffic bottlenecks near major airports, and find it invaluable. Jeff ShylukAvsim Product Reviewer

Guest Kestrel 2

Hello, Trevor -Thanks for your first two Treasure Chests. I really enjoyed them and have been watching for more. They are excellent. I've been away a good bit this summer, but when I get to a computer, I always check to see if you have written another.PS - could you send a PM and fill me in on what happened with Steve Cartwright? I enjoyed his work greatly and miss him. I PMed him, but got no reply.