Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Astradan

Alphasim F-106 Delta Dart review - VC ?????

Quite a nice review but was very disappointed to see that not only were no screen pics of hte virutal cockpit included, neither was there a single comment or mention on the VC !Just because a review may not use the VC, shouldn't mean they should ignore it alltogether from their review - many, many people fly ONLY from the virtual cockpit these days!I'm not bashing the reviewer but he really should take this as fair feedback and ensure that the virtual cockpit is covered at least to some degree in future reviews.Thanks,

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

In Reply to your comments about VC in the F106 Delta Dart, as the Reviewer concerned, the responsibility for erring in this review is all mine.My Computer system decided to develop a fault half through my preparing this review, and when the final review went to my Editor for finalization he sent back saying that a lot of it was missing. I re-sent it and yet again the message came back that it was incomplete. After a lot of background work and patching pieces together, I managed to placate him, but in the event omitted some of the photos that should have gone in for publishing. I am a mere human, and I erred. Sorry!!Flying by Virtual Cockpit is a popular pastime I know, but for me personally, not always my favorite way, although I will always add Virtual Cockpit views where I can, as the panels and instruments are improving all the time in quality, and I like to investigate every aspect of a new aircraft when I review it.I know I have tried the patience of Robert Whitwell (my editor) over the last month or more with my methods and computer glitches, but he does a really first class job and all the reviews are good quality products. Only the content is my responsibility, and I have learned from my mistakes, I hope.Laurie Aston

Spoken like a true gent, Laurie. Thanks for considering the feedback in such a positive way. Just to say again, aside frm the lack of coverage of the VC, this was a great review.