Sign in to follow this  

Need Help Again

Hey guys. Well this time every time that I start up FS it always freezes and then IT reboots the whole computer. I do not know why it is doing this. Also are there any updates for FS? if so where can I get them at. Any help, comments or suggestions will be greatly honored.Cheers!Joseph M.

No there are not updates or patches for fs2002.Did fs2002 ever work on your computer. If not, you might want to uninstall it through the Control Panel, Add/Remove Programs menu. Using Windows Explorer, delete any fs2002 folders from your hardrive. Reinstall fs2002 and check to see if it now works. If it still doesn't work, you may need to update the drivers for your operating system, controller chips, sound, graphics adapter, etc.If fs2002 did at some time work on your computer, as a first step, rename fs2002.cfg to fs2002.cfg.OLD. Start fs2002 to see if it still crashes. If it does, rename fs2002.cfg.OLD to fs2002.cfg.If the above doesn't work, have you installed any third party aircraft, scenery, gauges, or other files. If so, can you remember when the problem started. If not, maybe the only recourse is to reinstall fs2002. Copy your present fs2002 folder and rename the copy fs2002OLD. Uninstall fs2002 through the Control Panel, Add/Remove Programs menu. Using Windows Explorer, delete the fs2002 (NOT the fs2002OLD folder) folder from your hardrive. Reinstall fs2002 and check to see if it now works. If it works, you can slowly copy files from fs2002OLD until the problem reoccurs.

I am running in windows XP with most of the updates for it, and yes it has worked plenty of times before. It started today, the problem that is. It was running perfectly fine before and such I will try the renaming and stuff.