Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ken Meier

BobBernstein - Picture

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Yes,Us scenery designers have a special knack for adding somthing intresting to our scenery releases.

And that's his son Joey who has gained an interest in scenery design. His first piece was a fine job on a small house located just northwest of the Elma airport. With Bob as his teacher, hopefully we can look forward to many more years of the Bernstein touch. I had the opportunity to meet Bob and Joey at a fly-in in Snohomish, WA. Harvey Field last summer. Joey is quite the gentleman (you too Bob).K

Hi Dick,fun that you noticed our little "easter egg". We were just having a bit of fun sticking that in there. The whole sailboat came about as a bit of a lark, I had just learned what patch modelling was useful for, courtesy of Dan Martin (or is it Dannnn?). As soon as I realized what patch was, I made a freeform object...then I'm looking at it, and realized I'd just made a great sail shape. I just read your other post regarding the Chahalis River Valley, that was quite a post, your design knowledge shows. You did a very good job analysing the different aspects of work like that. One minor correction, my textures were a replacement for the default entirely, no default land class was called, so I had to replace all autogen. If what you described is possible using resample.exe style custom texturing, I want to learn that...save me some time!Ken mentioned in this thread that the cute guy on the sail is now contributing to scenery, this is true..his house near Elma was a start using the ms tutorial for Gmax. now Joe is branching out, experimenting primarly with modelling techniques, but also starting to explore what you can do with texturing. Two examples of current work are pictured in the attachment. Perhaps Ken will recognize one of the structures. Best,Bob BernsteinEdmonds, Wa.

We enjoyed meeting you and your boys too! quite a wonderful day at Harvey field.btw, the city of snohomish has a great interactive map of the historic district with photos...so we're getting into the harvey project now..I'm doint the ground work first, I've learned much about this design concept since the initial efforts a few months ago. I scrapped the entire previous effort, and started fresh! joe's having fun with structures....Cheers,B

I'd have liked to made it over to Harvey for that one to see you guys but our fly in and annual beer bust over here at 76S was the same day. That building in the pic sure looks familiar though. It's been quite a while since I was over there but it seems like I remember it down on the riverfront.jb

Bob,You bet I recognize that building. I moved here in 1990 and that place has always been closed. I looked in the windows many times wishing I could could get in. Well one day I was driving by and the door was open. I stopped and the owner had just stopped in for something and was gracious enough to let me do a quick walk through. There are many treasures in there.K