Sign in to follow this  
Guest JDH

Help needed with repaint/Alpha Channel issue

I am trying to repaint a PAI 737 for use in some flightplans. However, I am finding it really difficult to get the final texture correct. I am amending the paint kit from the PAI website.Firstly, have I changed the format properly? I opened the 7377_t.bmp file in Imagetool and changed to 32bit format. Now, everytime I try changing it back to DXT3, the end result is a silver bullet.Can anyone tell me what I should have done/be doing?Many thanks for any help!

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

If you are getting a silver bullet it is your alpha channel. Go d/l the "DTXBmp" utility, (any site) and use it to open the texture. In the small window in the upper right corner you will see your alpha channel, just export it and then after you paint your texture, import that alpha channel back and save as a 32 bit with alpha. then use imagetool to convert it to DXT3 and your are set. If you need any help just email me and I'll help ya out, but make sure you get the utility first it is great!Regards, Michaelhttp://mysite.verizon.net/res052cd/mybannercva1.jpg

hey Michael, you mentioned something about a utility that you need to save the alpha channel. Do you know where to get that utility. Thanks sincerly, jim