Sign in to follow this  
Guest FlorianW

Navigation in the B737-200

Guest FlorianW

Hi,can you tell me, how navigation is done in real world in the -200s nowadays? Did they need to retrofit them with FMCs and so on or still only "VOR Flying"(and, how was the navigation when the airplane entered service? Really only "VORtoVOR"?)I'd like to fly the Tinmouse B737 on IVAO, so it should be RNAV Certified, but I don't want to add a super-modern part, as this just doesn't fit to the "atmosphere" of this old airplane. The CIVA INS is rather hard to use, exspecially when operating in a particular crowded traffic situation or when you exspect route changes(e.g. shortcuts) rather often. Do you have any advise for me?

there is no retrofit for fmc in the -200.there is a replacement for a GNSS (GPS) or INS. but nothing more complex.the airlines may choose to use a PMS/PMI or a PDCS with GNSS/INS for RNAV.tinmouseII with CIVA INS is RNAV certified, but you must know how to operate the CIVA AND the aircraft. if you have time, read the documentation of civa, and you see how to make a dct to a waypoint..but, imo, looks like you wanna a aircraft with a glass cockpit capability (Full LNAV/VNAV), in the old school atmosphere.

Gustavo Rodrigues - Brazil

Guest dkelly

>there is no retrofit for fmc in the -200.>there is a replacement for a GNSS (GPS) or INS. but nothing>more complex.>the airlines may choose to use a PMS/PMI or a PDCS with>GNSS/INS for RNAV.AHEM! http://www.airliners.net/open.file/0282419/L/ What do you suppose those 2 things beside the pilots are?And that's not nearly the only one.I have looked through many flightdeck pics for 732 -- I haven't seen a lot of FMCs, but they are out there. I have seen a lot of GPS systems, as you were saying, but yet to have seen a CIVA INS unit installed in one...

>>there is no retrofit for fmc in the -200.>>there is a replacement for a GNSS (GPS) or INS. but nothing>>more complex.>>the airlines may choose to use a PMS/PMI or a PDCS with>>GNSS/INS for RNAV.>>AHEM! http://www.airliners.net/open.file/0282419/L/ What do>you suppose those 2 things beside the pilots are?>>And that's not nearly the only one.>I have looked through many flightdeck pics for 732 -- I>haven't seen a lot of FMCs, but they are out there. I have>seen a lot of GPS systems, as you were saying, but yet to have>seen a CIVA INS unit installed in one...both are GNSS. "BURN!"? }( there is no FMC (or even a software version) to the 737-200 model.there are a lot of version of GNSS suites (some have the option of software with pdcs).But there is no FMC to the 737-200, 727...all options are GNSS.you can also, try to fly with the CIVA INS.

Gustavo Rodrigues - Brazil