Sign in to follow this  

Best GA payware?

Guest jason2112

I definitely prefer Dreamfleet's Archer II to Carenado's Dakota. Although the Dakota has a nice exterior model, great sound and a more powerful engine, the gauges in both the 2D and 3D cockpit are not of the quality that I expect in a payware plane. Unfortunately, this ruins the Dakota for me. I have both planes, but only fly the Archer. You never go wrong buying from Dreamfleet!Just my 2c (EUR),VOlker :]

-No water rudders: as it should be. If they were there you (or someone else) would complain that the real Twin Otter dowsn't have them...- Harder to turn in the water than the Caravan: direct effect of the lack of water rudders.- Performance hog: not bad on my hardware, might be a RAM issue (I have a Gigabyte which speeds up repeat display of textures no end...). Gives similar performance to most aircraft.- dog? I know many really nice dogs :-lol Sure it's no C172 in handling but it isn't supposed to be. With a bit of practice you can get it into really tight spaces (and out again) quite easily. The ultimate tests are fields like Saba and St.Barts, I've landed and taken off from both.- fixed gear. So what? It's supposed to be that way. Makes sure you can't forget to lower the gear before landing, saves on the repair bills :-lolI agree that the default Caravan is very nice too but there's something with Twotters, I've always liked them ever since I flew one (as a passenger that is) some 15 years ago.But a Twin Otter is hardly a GA aircraft of course, it's the next class up, somewhere between a utility turboprop and a regional propliner.