Sign in to follow this  
hseilz747

A few little things about the mouse...

Hi there Bob!Having pulled the Tinmouse out of the Hangar again a few days ago for an article I wanted to do, I fell in love with this great aeroplane again. Just a few little issues while I'm at it...1. Concerning the PDCS: FEATURE REQUEST! ;-) Is there any way you could add a keyboard shortcut or a hidden clickspot for changing the EPR limiter from TO to CLB? This usually has to be done in the most critical phase after takeoff... I would assume in R/L the non-flying pilot would make the selection. Since bringing up a subpanel and searching for that #### little knob while turning for the SID doesn't always work *G*2. Concerning the FDE: The plane still feels a bit lively around the pitch axis (yes, I have the acell fix in FSUIPC ticked). So I had a look at the (flight_tuning) section in the aircraft.cfg and changed a few things:pitch_stability=2.0elevator_trim_effectiveness=0.75Do you think this has any side effetcs on other functions... e.g. flight performance or CWS functionality? In my opinion the hand flying experience is much more stable now, so I'd like to keep it that way.3. Again concerning the FDE: There's that takeoff trim "issue" as in the forum thread below. Not even sure if it's an issue, but maybe you could comment on that?Really looking forward to future versions of the 737!!! Thanks for all your efforts so far!Kind regards,HolgerP.S. http://www.simflight.de/modules.php?name=N...rticle&sid=8065 if you'd like to have a look at the Tinmouse article. Sorry, all the explanatory stuff is in German.

Holger, I believe I'll try the pitch adjustment change also, as I do struggle with pitch stability at times with this aircraft... Wish I could read German, as you're article on flying the ANZ into Queenstown looks great....I flew that route in March for real with my wife (she is half Kiwi) and we flew the exact approach with the 737 into Queenstown you did in the article. It was quite amazing given the topography from my window seat. I then proceeded, much to the chagrin of my family, to spend two hours in The Flight Experience simulator in Queenstown, which is a pretty full mock-up of a 73NG - and uses FS9 as a scenery generator, under the tutelage of an ANZ pilot. It was a blast, and I simulated the same approach into Queenstown several times until he told me I flew it well. Anyway, love the Mouse...chris