Sign in to follow this  
Guest SamIntel

Variabel Speed Fans

I am in the process of designing a Hang Glider Simulator for a Museum in Helena, Montana. We have gotten to the point where we have completed the basic simulator, and would now like to add features to make the simulator more realistic.We would like to have a variable speed fan linked into flight simulator. The fan would act as wind blowing on the occupant's face as they flew.My question is, how can I hook up a fan to Flight Sim, so that when your airspeed increases, the fan blows harder, and when your airspeed decreases and you approach a stall, the fan slows down so that you can gauge your speed through the air as you could in real life.I am good with computers, and I know my way around the FSX directories and how FS works, but I don't really know any kind of programming.Is this something that I could do? I was told I need to use SimConnect, which I have. However, when I went into the SimConnect folder, I really didn't understand how it worked.Any help would be greatly appreciated.Sincerely,Sam T.www.rotomotos.com

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

To use SimConnect, which is an API (application programming interface), you obviously need to know programming, otherwise this interface will be of little use to you.Do you already know how to control your fan? How is it hooked up to the computer, USB or some other way? If you do, linking your fan control app to the sim should not be a major problem. It could easily retrieve the gilder's airspeed via the SimConnect interface, but as I said, you can only use SimConnect from within some program/gauge etc, digging in the folders won't help much I'm afraid! ;)Cheers, :-beerchugEtienne :-wave