Sign in to follow this  
Slopey

Which datatype to use for G Force, and touchdown info query?

Hi All,I'm writing a small utility to monitor an FSX flight, and using the VB.Net Managed Request sample in the SDK I've got the basics organised - but questions are:- Is there a list of datatypes for each simconnect Variable anywhere, I've got the units one from the SDK, but the datatype I have to take a guess at or find by trial and error. Or have I missed something in the docs?- G Force - what datatype should I use for this? I get odd numbers. I understand the data should come back in ft/min^2 and 32.17 is equivalent to +1G - but I don't seem to be able to get a number I can convert to x.xG.- Touchdown - I'd like to monitor the landing - as far as I'm aware, the only way to check if I landed where i was supposed to is to compare the lat/lon of the aircraft against where it should be (i.e. within a 1/2nm radius) and that it touched down on the correct surface. Also, is there any way to get touchdown VSI/IAS etc or do I have to wait for the SIM ON GROUND flag to be set and grab the values then?And last question - how do I call FSX and get it to load a flight plan automatically with the plane cold and dark at an appropriate (or default) stand/start point? (from a command line or from an external application with a call) If I put the flight plan on the command line, I end up in the flight planner or in a menu rather than on the apron. Is there a command line option or something I need to set in the pln file to do that?Many thanks!,Slopey

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!