Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest westes

Performance Monitor for FSX?

Does anyone know of a third party tool that will use the Microsoft SimConnect API to look at subcomponents of performance inside of FSX while it is running? I'm referring to numbers of trees, numbers of buildings, numbers of vertexes, and other objects that directly impact FSX fps. If I could just get some objective measurement of which resource is out of control this might give me clues about a solution to my performance issues. Who makes a performance monitor product that will at least monitor- CPU usage on each processor core- system memory usage- CPU and memory utilization for FSX.EXEand save that basic information to disk for later playback? Task Manager isn't useful for me since FSX will slow down and lock the screen making it impossible to switch to Task Manager.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I'm relatively sure that SimConnect doesn't have access to those performance metrics.In fact, on a quick glance I'm not sure that there's any tools that show the graphics information in Direct X unless you have access to the internal debugging tools they used to make it.