Sign in to follow this  
Guest sundog

Red Bull Mission Question??

I'm wondering if anyone here knows how to fly the Red Bull Mission but not as a mission. Anyway to load the gates and scenery and freefly it?Second, does anyone know if they are releasing other courses from this years event. You can fly all the courses on redbullairrace.com but wondering if those will be available for download at any future point?Thanks,Mike

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Honestly I don't know how you'd do that. If you just want to avoid having to reload scenery over and over again, just wait for a few moments after youre done with the landing and they congratulate you etc etc... you will be returned to your plane. You can continue from there. (I *think* that if you "ESC" to leave the mission, then click "Continue Flying", it will remove the "Success" message... I am not sure though... otherwise you can just fly with it anyway)

Thanks Todd ..... for the reply. I was assuming that the pylons and scenery were simply objects that got turned on and off from within the game. For instance if you go to that airport during freefly - there are no gates. I'm thinking someone might know easily how to call the pylons up full time so you would always see them - even in free fly.Only problem is that it's really hard to make a break-thru on the course time wise without going for broke and I want to be able to crash a bunch to without the obligatory 5 minute reload lol.Even if you hit allow changes in mission box before start - you can't turn off crashes. yargh!if anyone can figure this one out - it would be awesome!thanks :) mike

Mike:Over at FSXMissions.com Phil posted how to fly the missions in Free flight. Hopefully that will answer your questions. I do know that you can open a mission in the editor and save the scenery.