Sign in to follow this  
Guest jonboy162

Losing Rewards

Guest jonboy162

I have FSX installed on a separate hard drive to the one XP is on. My Documents is also installed on this second HD which is where my saved flights are kept. If I were to format my HD with XP on it, would I lose all my rewards? I realise that I will probably have to do a re-install for FSX as all the registry keys will be lost too. I only ask in this forum as I am concerned about losing all my rewards. Maybe there is some way of backing them up!

Guest Cormega

I havn't tried this yet, but in theory, this should work!

Guest jonboy162

I have completed my task over the xmas hols. I copied everything from the C:Documents and SettingsApplication DataMicrosoftFSX and saved this to a separate hard drive. Once my operating system was re-installed, I copied everything back into this folder, and all my rewards, graphics settings, controls, etc were just as I left them before the re-install. So, a success.

Unfortunately i did something like that, and I forgot to back up the FSX folder under application data/microsoft. Is there a way to get my rewards back without doing half of them again?

Guest SkyDrift

Unless you have a copy of GrantedRewards.Bin or GrantedRewardsOld.Bin you're out of luck. At least getting the rewards the second time around should be somewhat faster...:>)Plus, some of the missions have "hidden" rewards, so you may find that you find new rewards that you missed the first time round!I'd also suggset that if you like keeping track of where you fly, that you copy your logbook (logbook.BIN) to a safe location at the end of each FSX session - and that you keep at least 3-4 copies, just in case you find the last backup was corrupt too.Logbook.BIN is very prone to corruption - especially should you save missions in-progress. In fact I find it corrupts so frequently that I now record my flights in my own separate text file (independent of FSX)to ensure I don't lose any data.Hopefully MS will fix this rather annoying bug (and perhaps make the file completely editable - or at least importable/exportable to a text file)