Sign in to follow this  
Guest gssev

New mission

Guest gssev

Hi, I have uploaded my first FSX mission I created to the library. Chase a remote plane through hilly scenery before it hits a town.get close to it and activate it to return home.Its called the chase and its in the FSX missions section.Please let me know what you think of it.CheersGraeme

Guest theProf

I downloaded it and will check it out (probably this weekend). One missing piece of information: What plane is used? Looks like the Baron from the small picture. Like most people, I have personal preferences and my "do fly" and "don't fly" aircraft, so I like to know which one a mission uses before I download it.

Guest theProf

I tried out your mission today. It's a good concept - nice objective, not too long, and great location (the fact that I'm Canadian and was born in BC has nothing to do with it :-). Here are some comments that I hope will be helpful:Major problems:1) The sounds are inaudible over the engine noise, so you can't understand what's being said. They can be fixed with a decent sound editor. I already did that, and they work fine if modified appropriately. (I happen to have a small recording studio in my basement.) If you like, send an email to batefamily@shaw.ca and I can attach a ZIP file with the modified sound files to the reply.2) The second time I tried it (with the new sound files), I overflew the target plane, but when I tried to turn around and follow it, it had disappeared entirely. I discovered that the mission pointer was now giving MY location. I returned to CZAM but no drone plane was ever seen, nor showed up at the destination, nor did anything happen at all. Some kind of bug there. It worked fine the first time.Less serious problems:1) You could use a reward of some kind.2) Success didn't require a landing. I was well above the runway doing a go-around when the "mission completed" message popped up.Minor issues:The mission description (within FSX) mentions "fx_ForestFireHuge.fx" but there is no such file.fx_engFire.fx is a duplicate. Maybe the one I have can with some other mission, or FSX itself.The sentence describing them is cut off and incomplete. Perhaps obscured by the picture.The computer generated voice works well for the message when you intercept the plane, but in most other places I think a natural voice of a copilot or tower would be better. Personal taste. (I have that recording studio I mentioned - and my wife worked as a voice actor many years ago. If you want us to take a shot at it - let us know.)Don't let the list above discourage you - I enjoyed the mission and I think it's well worth polishing a bit. Hence the suggestions. Good job.-theProf