Sign in to follow this  
Ernest

Re: Africa Ranger Challenge

HiLooking to see if anybody else has had the same proplem as I with this mission.Things go along well untill I get to the part where your driving your Volvo truck thru the grove of trees with the elephants walking thru them. As I start to enter the grove in the middle of the road, I keep getting a crash, and not hitting anything that I can see.I've disabled crash detection, drove in the middle of the road, the right side and tryed to zig zag into it and still the same results.As I start to enter at a very low speed....whamo...crash each time. I emailed the creator of the mission and he told me just what I've told you...middle of the road to enter and then drive ride side to clear animals.If anybody else has had the same thing and solved it, pls let me know.Thank youErnest

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I suspect the creator made this mission with crash detection off.Anyway I got passed that part by driving around the grove to the left. I tried the right side first but got stuck on a hill, the left side was much easier.Several miles down the road (had to use x32 time compression to not grow incredibly bored with driving 12 miles at 20 mph) I hit another one of those issues and gave up. The UN truck sucks.I'll probably revisit it but I think I will steer clear of driving missions from now on.On the plus side, chasing zebras and range rovers in a jet ranger was a huge amount of fun.