Sign in to follow this  
Guest raulvolador2

Missing co-worker Acceleration mission help

Guest raulvolador2

Hi,I cant find the lost plane in the Missing co-worker Acceleration mission. I spent many hours looking for. Scenery is beatiful but i am tired.Instructions are not clear. Accident occurs in the Concrete-Stehekin, Concrete-Chelan or Stehekin-Chelan route?Please any help required.Raul----

Guest AirForcePilot

Yeah, this one looks tough. I'm flying a back and forth pattern over the river between stekhein and chelan. (spelling?) If I find him I'll let ya know......i'm flying it now.

Guest lflinares

I was lucky enough to find it on the first try after spenind an hour going theough various valleys. The missing pilot lights a fire on the base of a monountain, and the fire creates a black vertical smoke trail. Since the base pf the mountain is covered with snow, you can use your skis to land, and you will land in an uphill direction. I'll try to prove more details, after I refly the mission.Cheers!LuisKMIA

Guest blackie7319

Raul,It's pretty easy if you listen to what the girl says. "He landed at concrete". So you know he has to be between Concrete and Stehekin. Here's a hint: Create a flight in free flight between Stehekin and Concrete. Look at the route you created on the map and you'll see that the line is almost due west. You can even fly the route you created flight for a few miles to see how the canyons are situated.So with that mind, if you use the logic that the crashed pilot was an ace pilot like the girl said, then you won't have to look on steep hillsides or in trees. If you were going to make a forced landing, you would probably look for the flatest and least obstructed area to land in. Just like he did.When You do the mission, take off from Stehekin and fly up the canyon to the first fork in the valley, If you take the left fork you will wind up too far south. The right fork will be Northwest, then West, When you reach the canyon that the Plane is in, You will see the very tiny plume of smoke from the fire. When you get that close the girl will announce that she spots the plane and then the compass pointer displays.Remember, the first fork , fly to the right. That's all I will say except when you fly into the right (correct) canyon, your heading will be somewhere between 240 and 250. If, you are not used to landing on slippery slopes, beware. (Hint) when you taxi up to pick up the pilot, be sure to taxi uphill to where he is standing. Then hold a little power so you don't slide back. He won't get in the plane if it is moving. Good Luck!Blackie

Guest Gunner_CAF

I found him, thanks for the tips! That was a fun landing :)I landed just below him and held it in position. I then backed off on the throttle to move back a little and started my turn. I could then get it turned around without risk of sliding into the wreck.Gunner

Guest Lith1um

One thing that makes this mission much easier is to use the gps and set it to terrain mode. You can then clearly see the topographics of the entire area.Basicaly it's a confined valley with around 6 confined finger valleys shooting off to the sides.One thing about this mission, the placement of the downed aircraft appears to change each time. It was in a different location each time I flew the mission.Landing to pick him up was a nightmare because of the FSG mesh I have installed. The landing area was so rough I couldn't even taxi without damage. Getting back into the air took a zillion attempts because I couldn't get airspeed without the terrain killing my aircraft. I finaly got it though.

Guest FallonNV

I have looked all over and can not find the co-worker can someone please post a map of the area he is in

Guest Gunner_CAF

I found him directly west of Stehekin (6S9), your starting point for the search. I saved the mission when I first saw the smoke and flare. It's at N48 20.14' W121 1.08' on the map. This is not the crash location, but he should be visable from this location.If the location changes as someone else said, this may not help you.Gunner

Guest FallonNV

Thanks Gunner I found him now will try and land and pick him up

>>If the location changes as someone else said, this may not>help you.>>GunnerThere are six different crash sites randomly chosen...

Guest kegking31

Hi Everyone,Well..... after hours and hours of searching.... (6 to 8 hours, and retry the mission over and over) I finally found him. The crash site it located at N48

Guest fsxmissionguy

"The crash site it located at N48

Guest craig198

I think my mission is bugged because i cant even see the skiis on the maul. so if they are missing then my coworker is sitting in his cabin going dude, you just got punked.untitled.jpgam I searching in the wrong places?also I flew this route until she said we went far enough west so I turned around and flew slightly to the left of flight path.q.jpg

Guest craig198

well I finally found him on the right side of the flight path. luckily I could spot the fire and smoke. but there was no pilot, nor plane, and also the maule has no skiis. all graphical errors. what is with this expansion? also I noticed that the king air VC the props have no nose cones.

Guest fsxmissionguy

Craig,When you start noticing such obvious errors as this, you should almost always suspect your video driver (rather than FSX, which is beta tested pretty thoroughly). Of course the King Air has prop nose cones. I can assure you that the Maule does have skis.What card and driver set are you using?