Sign in to follow this  
barryward12345

Deleting Missions??

Having completed an add-on mission (and gotten the green tick) - is it just a simple matter of deleting the mission from the mission folder?Thanks Barry

Guest fsxmissionguy

Barry,That depends somewhat on how the mission designer had you install your add-on mission. Usually, in simple mission designs, this is enough to remove the mission from the list FSX displays. There are some circumstances I can fathom where doing it this way might cause issues.Some designers merely give you the mission folder and some related files and tell you where to place them. In this case, it's merely a matter of undoing that which you did when you followed the installation instructions.Some designers give you a full-fledged install program, complete with uninstall routine that you can access using Windows XP's Add/Remove Program Control Panel applet.If you can tell me the name of the mission, I might be able to give you further guidance.Cheers,

Hi KevinThanks for that - they were simply addons to the mission folder - so it looks like I should be able to simply delete them. What I was mostly wondering about is the completed "tick" - obviously something must be changed somewhere for the tick to show.Barry

Guest fsxmissionguy

Barry,You wrote: "... obviously something must be changed somewhere for the tick to show."Yes. When you successfully complete a mission, the FSX game engine records an entry into a database (called GrantedRewards.bin) and flips the image in the user interface to show the image with the checkmark.Removing the mission folder would not remove any Rewards granted during the mission. Those are separate from the mission folder.Hope that answers your question.Cheers,