Sign in to follow this  
sipos

Please try this Mission Out. - Mission Impossible

After a lot of hair pulling and hitting my self in the head I released a mission. It took a lot of time and work and I wish to make it better in the future. It would be cool to hear some feedback for it. I want to make sure if actually works on others computers. Its entitled

Guest fsxmissionguy

Joey,Well, I'd guess that you've discovered some of the limitations building FSX scenery along the way to getting this misison out.What makes a good mission is often in the eye of the beholder - so don't take my criticisms too much to heart. For me, a good mission tells an interesting story in a believeable way, and then invites me into the story at a critical point to solve a problem that can only be solved by using my flying skills. For me, it's more the story and whether the director engaged me.In the case of your mission, I think it suffers from being too easy and too short-lived. It took longer for me to download the mission than it took for me to finish the mission. At 77mb, this is by far the largest mission I've ever downloaded by a factor of 10x.You've obviously gone to a lot of effort creating the scenery. I thought the animated palm tree was pretty cool, but I also think that FSX tends to break down below 500 feet; and you certainly are seeing the results of this.The roadway you built (at least on my computer) appeared to go into and out of the mesh. Same with the helipad. On starting the mission, the helicopter was below the level of the pad (as you can see from this screenshot:http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/190620.jpgI'm not a big fan of photoscenery because the technology just isn't there yet. The photoscenery you added to the mission only looks good if you're at about 1,500 feet. It doesn't really blend well into the rest of FSX, especially the water.I suspect you created the mission as a way of showcasing your scenery, and in that respect, I think it did what you intended. You should post over at http://www.flightsimulatorxmissions.com and I bet you'll get a lot of feedback from the other mission designers.Cheers,

Hum - interesting. Thanks for that info very much. The police station looks wierd on your comp. It shouldn't look like that. I'll look into it. Do you have a another mesh program installed? Because there is some custom created mesh that should override that mesh. You should be able to see all of the road. Make sure the Mission Impossible scenery is ontop of the scenry library list. Did the chase go all right - the cop cars following the chase car and everything? did you complete the mission? I know it is short - i wish to length it much more in the future. But thanks very much for your input.

Guest fsxmissionguy

Joey,I have no other mesh products installed, and the scenery is on the top layer. My mesh slider is set fairly low, however (below 50) for performance.The chase went fine, and I successfully completed the mission after landing back at police headquarters.

Thanks for that info. There is a problem with the custom created mesh as others are emailing me with similar problems. I think what happend was i some how forgot to add it into the final files- gosh darn it. The file size is due to the aerial imagery as it's 25mb per file - and there are two of them. I will also refine the aerial imagery to blend in more with the default sim. For the final version i will release the mission as a seperate download and give the user the option to download the satellite imagery if they desire - since it's such a big download. Looks like I still got alot of work infront of me to pull this off. I appreciate your help very much.