Sign in to follow this  
Gavin

phenomenal aviators, thats what we are..

Why is it that we are calling v1 out loud in our warm little bedroom?And why is it that we like to ring the F/A bell so much on the overhead panel to hear the F/A say: yes captain, yeah can we have some coffee..Big guys with toys that really dream.Its also remarkable to see that almost 90 % of all flightsimmers is male.I personally would love to see a woman shout positive rate in her bedroom. I could have an interesting little conversation with her. But then right away when I think about it, this particular woman must be fat or bad looking. Cause I cannot imagine a beautiful blonde girl pretending to be a pilot. But please prove me wrong its this case.guys I am wondering why do we all so realistically simulate pilot behaviour when flying FS. We all know that some people consider us dorky and stuff. I mean when I have girls over at my student house I see them staring at my so called flight deck (I wish). And I can

Guest Douglas K

>And why is it that we like to ring the F/A bell so much on the overhead panel to hear the F/A say: yes captain, yeah can we have some coffee..But then right away when I think about it, this particular woman must be fat or bad looking. Cause I cannot imagine a beautiful blonde girl pretending to be a pilot. But please prove me wrong its this caseWe all know that some people consider us dorky and stuff. I mean when I have girls over at my student house I see them staring at my so called flight deck (I wish). And I can

Guest metamarty

I think there are different kinds of simmers. I myself am not emulating pilot behaviour. To me, it's not simulating to be an airline pilot but flying an aerodynamically stable object from point A to point B with efficient use of engine power. The difference with the real world is only that the forces on the wings are controlled by a CPU instead of wind flow. Therefore I never fly heavy iron, but only small GA planes since I like the physical behaviour better.The trick is probably the same as doing sports. Learn some rules and apply them and enjoy yourself because of the results.One final thing to contemplate: The lesser mankind gets involved in matters of life and death, like hunting for food and protecting the village with cannons, the fewer clues he has what to do with spare time. Hobbies get crazier every day. Have you checked out the fishing game "Trophy Bass"? It's a huge commercial success!

douglas,:) i am refering to Dreamfleet 737. it has a little button to call the F/A really kewl. lol.and point taken there metamarty hobbies do get more crazy every day.unfortunately I haven't heared about the game trophy bass but i am sure i will :)but it cleary shows how people blend in their role when playing games.I also want to reflect on another thing. :) ofcourse i would rather share the bed with a beautiful blonde then playing FS :)but lets say other people we love ;) like mums and dads..cheers G.

Guest metamarty

>douglas, >>:) i am refering to Dreamfleet 737. it has a little button >to call the F/A really kewl. lol. >>and point taken there metamarty hobbies do get more crazy >every day. >unfortunately I haven't heared about the game trophy bass >but i am sure i will :) >but it cleary shows how people blend in their role when >playing games.It's the craziest thing I've seen. You actually sit and look at your monitor, waiting for your virtual fish to bite. Then the software makes a screenshot of your virtual fish and you can send the image to your friends to show them what you caught. >>I also want to reflect on another thing. :) ofcourse i would >rather share the bed with a beautiful blonde then playing FS >:) >but lets say other people we love ;) like mums and dads.. >>cheers >G.

Guest Stompy

Well I HAPPEN to like that game! :-lol Seriously, it was pretty neat back in the day, especially with a force-feedback joystick. Granted, I haven't played it in probably a decade now, but that certainly brings back memories. Boy, and I thought I was a bad pilot...It's probably safer for me to fly than to fish...and you can forget about flyfishing. :-xxrotflmaoOh, I kill me.

:) imagine yourself sitting behind the computer in complete fishing outfit complete with hat and all. tent behind you incase the rain drops through the roof :)and ofcourse some bait :)cheers

I wonder what sort of frame rates you can get with G-MAX trout?Do you have to have your water effects slider all the way to the right?Gavin

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)