Sign in to follow this  
Guest earlybird59

CTD and Nvidia Chipset

Hi all,i've been experiencing unexpected CTD for a month now since i build my new PC(see specs below). Finally found out what caused these CTD's while flying online with FS9.All latest MB's with an Nvidia chipset have a so called Network Acess Manager that will be installed with the LAN drivers. This manager includes a special firewall on the LAN ports, which as far as i've found can't really be configured with the software provided. This caused my CTD's giving me always the error: Faulting application fs9.exe, version 9.1.0.40901, faulting module nvappfilter.dll, version 2.2.0.465, fault address 0x00005317.nvappfilter : nvida appl filterYou can read more abouth this feature http://www.fbmsoftware.com/spyware-net/Pro...ilter_dll/3412/http://www.nvidia.com/object/security.htmlTo uninstall the NVIDIA firewall. You need to remove it from the Add/ Remove Programs in Windows Control Panel. It

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Earl you rock!!SquawkBox crashed whenever there were more than about 10 other aircraft within the multiplayer session range, so I made it smaller and smaller until it was 2nm, then did a fly-in at London Heathrow (fairly busy!!) and got mega frustrated, got onto the departure runway then SquawkBox CTD, two times!! Found this thread, removed 'NVIDIA Force Ware Network Access Manager' and wahoo, 50nm multiplayer session range, 50 odd aircraft and no crashing, awesome!Cheers mateyMikeMSI P6N NVidia 680i SLI / Intel E6600 2.4GHz @ 3GHz / XFX GeForce 8800GTS 640 / WXPSP2 / FS9 / SB3.1.0