Sign in to follow this  
Guest jmendes

Resolved CTD that happened when pressing Esc key

Guest jmendes

Hi,Thought I'd share this. I was flying an IFR flight, and I accidently selected the option to "Load IFR Flight". To get out of this dialog box, I simply pressed the Esc key. Boom, CTD - no error, nothing - I just landed at the desktop.This occured with a 3rd party plane, so I loaded the default Barron 58. I was able to duplicate the CTD. I tried two more default planes and could get a CTD every time by pressing the Esc key.I searched through this forum which gave me some ideas to try. I disabled my sound card, that didn't work. I tried starting FSX in 2D instead of 3D, that didn't work.I have a VisionTek X1950 PCI-E video card (ATI chip), and the latest Vista 64-bit driver and Catalyst. There is an option called Catalyst A.I. that provides some kind of optimization to applications. I disabled that option (and to be honest, didn't see any hit in quality), and now everything works just great.There seems to be some relationship between video settings and FSX...To date, I have been having absolutely no troubles using Vista 64-bit and FSX.If anybody is interested, here are the components in my machine:ASUS P5B Deluxe motherboardIntel E6600 Core 2 Duo CPU, 2.4Ghz4GB OCZ 800Mhz RAMVisionTek X1950 video cardCreative Audigy LS sound card2 - 300GB SATA drives, 7200 RPMA cheap 16X DVD ROMAntec 650 watt PSUAntec 900 gaming case (many large fans)Vista Home Premium 64-bitI'm using the onboard LANThe only addon I have installed is the FSGenesis US Landclass and North America terrain (I highly recommend those). The only other applications besides FSX on this machine are Office 2007, FSX SDK SP1, the Adobe Reader, and virus software by Avast.~ Jim