Sign in to follow this  
Guest DrJonez

FSX CTD on real weather update

Hi,First I'll post my system specs to get that out of the way:Intel E6600 2.4ghz CPU2GB PC-6400 RAMNvidia Geforce 8800GTSWD Raptor SATA HDD 10k RPMWindows Vista UltimateI just recently got FSX after building my new computer, and it worked fairly well for the first couple hours that I played it. I just did a few short flights around the area I live in, tried out some of the new planes and whatever else. I always fly with real world weather turned on, so this was on and working the entire time I was doing these things.Later that day I came back to the PC and fired the game up again, except now when I go into the weather settings and tell it to use realtime weather (updated every 15 minutes), it pops up the box saying it's getting the weather data, the bar goes to 100%, and then the game would just crash and completely dissapear from the screen instantly. I found that setting the weather to real weather (static) didn't cause this to happen.So, I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game, and then installed FSX SP1. After that I managed to do one or two flights with real world weather (15 min updates) working, and then it broke again. Instead of the game dissapearing instantly without any messages like it did before, it seems to freeze up now after the "loading weather data" box dissapears. It also does this during static real world weather updates now too. The entire game window freezes up, I get the hourglass icon for my cursor, and then after 10-15 seconds I get a window that says the program has caused an error and must close, or whatever.It does the same thing if I try to load into a flight with the default weather and then try to switch to real world weather while inside the game.I hope someone can help me with this. I'm really dissapointed that it's not working, because I love always playing with current real world time and weather. I find setting the weather manually to be so boring, because then I know when a storm is coming, or if the winds will change, or whatever.If anyone needs further information to diagnose my problem, I'll happily provide it.Thanks!

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

It's been a problem for all of us that use RWW for the past two days. It appears to be on either MS or Jeppesen's end. One thing for sure it's not your rig or software.John M

>It's been a problem for all of us that use RWW for the past>two days. It appears to be on either MS or Jeppesen's end. One>thing for sure it's not your rig or software.>>John MReally??? I'm so happy that something isn't broken :D