Sign in to follow this  
Guest mattrartf

CTD & BSOD - Failed to Read From File! HELP!

Guest mattrartf

I have been living with this since the first of the year when I had got my new computer and FSX. While playing FSX, at random times in the sim, i notice the sound will cut, and then flash a Windows message box : Failed to Read From File.Now I have to choices, accept the message and kick me out, (but still have fsx.exe still running in my task manager), or continue flying with limited sound and land on green runways. Fun huh!I was told this was due to running out of memory, and looked into it a bit further using a performance monitor. This showing at times I would run only 10mb of memory, but usually crashes when i have about 150mb or so left in the bank. (i am only running on 1gb)Just recently I received the BSOD, its all of its blue greatness, it had mentioned Pages/sec and the atiduag.dll in the same message. So is my video card causing all of this mess?Any help is greatly appreciated

Guest mattrartf

Anyone?Microsoft Taxing Simulator isnt much fun anymore :( , and i cannot find the the Product Information Number to even contact microsoft.

Guest mattrartf

Figured it out, the BSOD was unrelatedthe fix was to set the Hardware Acceleration on the Sound Card to NONE.HOpe this helps if anyone else is having these issues. Should not have skimped on the Sound card :(